West Oahu/Farrington Highway Traffic Update | Week of May 24, 2015
The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) and contractor Kiewit want drivers to be aware of weekly lane closures in the Ewa and Waipahu areas as related to the Honolulu rail transit project.
For the safety of both the work crews and motorists, the public is advised to proceed with caution through these areas. Drivers should anticipate possible traffic delays or use alternate routes during work hours, and provide a safe distance between their vehicles and workers and equipment:
Note: There will be no rail-related construction scheduled for Monday, May 25 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
EAST KAPOLEI/EWA (FARRINGTON HIGHWAY)
From Kualakai Parkway (North-South Road) to Old Fort Weaver Road
Sunday and Tuesday through Saturday
Kualakai Parkway (North-South Road) to Old Fort Weaver Road
Farrington Highway between Kualakai Parkway (North-South Road) and Old Fort Weaver Road Loop is closed:
- Between 7:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. through May as part of rail guideway work.
Tuesday through Friday lane closures
Leoku Street to Leokane Street
- Inside lanes of Farrington Highway closed weeknights between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. weekdays, and Saturday, as needed
- Westbound left turns restricted from Farrington Highway onto Leoole Street
- One of the two eastbound left-turn lanes from Farrington Highway onto Leoku Street temporarily closed 24/7 for shaft and column work.
Leokane Street to Pupukahi
The outside lanes of Farrington Highway are closed weeknights between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Waipahu Depot Road to Mokuola
- Inside eastbound lane of Farrington Highway closed weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and Saturday, as needed
- Westbound lanes closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Westbound left-turn lane onto Mokuola Street closed 24/7.
- The west end of Moloalo Street at Mokuola Street will be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Pupupuhi Street to Aniani Place
The outside lanes of Farrington Highway are closed weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 23
H-1 FREEWAY WAIAWA INTERCHANGE
To minimize the impact on the driving public, HART's contractor Kiewit will work Saturday night on the balanced cantilever construction over the H-1 Freeway.
The following lanes will be closed from 8 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday:
- The Farrington Highway eastbound loop on-ramp to the H-2 Freeway northbound will be closed.
- The Kamehameha Highway westbound on-ramp to the H-2 Freeway northbound will be closed intermittently.
Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday between 8 p.m. and 4
H-1/H-2 Freeways near Leeward Community College
Up to four westbound lanes and three eastbound lanes of the H-1 Freeway approaching the H-1/H-2 merge (Waiawa Interchange) closed overnight (see map below):
- Westbound lane closures begin 9 p.m. each evening.
- Rail guideway work over freeway scheduled to run until 2016
Sunday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 4 a.m.
H-1 Freeway Waipahu off-ramp
The westbound Waipahu off-ramp (see map below) is closed overnight during H-1 rail guideway work.
Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 4
Farrington Highway near Leeward Community College entrance
- Eastbound lanes of Farrington Highway near Waiawa Road closed overnight, including Farrington Highway on-ramp to Kamehameha Highway eastbound.
- Farrington Highway eastbound loop on-ramp onto the H-2 Freeway northbound is also closed.
Comments or Questions - Contact Us via HART's 24-Hour Project Hotline
Scheduled work subject to change without notice. For more information and updated work schedules, call the rail project's 24-hour hotline at (808) 566-2299 or email us at info@HonoluluTransit.org.