Dynamic Train Testing
Dynamic Train Testing
The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) and Hitachi Rail Honolulu Joint-Venture (Hitachi Rail) would like to inform residents in Waipahu, Pearl City and Aiea that 24/7 Dynamic Train Testing is currently taking place on the elevated guideway between Kualaka‘i (East Kapolei) Station to Hālawa (Aloha Stadium) Station.
The testing is required for system integration of the trains with the automated signaling system and training of Hitachi Rail’s operations and maintenance
personnel. It is anticipated that the testing will continue through mid-2021 to get the system safely prepared for operational readiness status prior to the City Department of Transportation Services’ launch of Interim Service.
- For the remainder of this year, HART/Hitachi Rail anticipates trains testing on the guideway, from Monday through Friday, for three shifts during a 24-hour period to include:
• Shift 1 from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Shift 2 from 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Shift 3 from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- In addition, Saturday and Sunday second and third shifts will be scheduled, as needed.
- The specific area of testing spans from Kualaka‘i (East Kapolei) Station to Hālawa (Aloha Stadium) Station.
- There is no exact schedule of trains running during these periods since it will vary depending on the type of testing taking place and whether adjustments
need to be made.
- Trial running for a three-month period will follow system integration testing to simulate passenger service during operational run times (without passengers onboard). This activity will be conducted from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. The remaining hours between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. will be used to maintain the system, complete any outstanding works, and run additional tests, as needed.
- For information on Dynamic Train Testing, please join us for a Virtual Community Update Meeting on December 16, or sign up for HART’s weekly eBlast newsletter.
- For questions, comments or concerns regarding Dynamic Train Testing, HART encourages the community to call its 24-Hour Project Hotline at (808) 566-2299 or send an email to info@HonoluluTransit.org.